Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4.14.09

We are counting down the last days of school. As I look at the calendar tonight we only have 27 days left this school year. We've been so busy that time is just flying by! I wish I could make the clock stop for a few more weeks to try and get everything done that we need to. It's already progress report time again. The children will be bringing home their grade reports on Friday.

Several children have already began to bring their 1.00 for our class trip to the zoo on May 6th. Thank you! If you would like to join us, please get in touch with me. The children will need a picnic lunch that day. I'll send more notes as the time nears.

We'll need to begin to get in gear for our school carnival on Saturday, May 9. I have only received one item for our Patriotic basket. Donations of red, white and blue items are needed. PTO has asked each class to help with one game at the carnival. The first grade game is "Face Painting". If you like to paint faces I sure could use your assistance. I thought I would ask our cheer squads to also help out. The girls are good at things like this. Remember that we will also need donations of cookies, cakes, baked food items for our Book Walk.