Saturday, August 22, 2009

8.22.09
We have finished our FIRST week of FIRST grade! The hive was very BEE-zy. I want to thank all the parents who have taken the time to fill out and return papers to me. I am getting to know you all and enjoy learning about my students. The class sure seems excited about quiet reading time. They like having time to snuggle up with a stuffed animal book buddy while enjoying a book. The children earn a star each day for their good BEE-havior. When they collect 5 stars they are awarded a prize. We had many winners on Friday. I'm sure proud of my BEE team!

Next Thursday, August 27 Wakefield School will host an Open House for parents to come and visit. Please plan to join us for a come and go visit from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. The book fair will be in the library so be sure to stop in and visit. The PTO will have an old time Ice Cream Social in the lunchroom starting at 6:30 p.m. Please stop in for some ice cream and learn more about our PTO. There will be a $50.00 savings bond to be given away and school shirts for sale. Coach Seirer will also have the Y-ties shoe strings for sale.

I hope many of you will continue to check out our Happy Hive News blog. This will be my way to update you on information and activities going on in our class. If you have a question the best way to communicate with me is email or visit with me before school. Thank you again for sharing your children with me! I love my job and look forward to each day!