Thursday, August 11, 2011

WELCOME BACK!


Welcome to the Hive! At this site you can read about our exciting news. I will be posting several times a week...so please check back in often! Click to follow our blog and this way you should be receiving updates. Looks like we'll have 14 in first grade. There is always new students enrolling. As of today I'm looking for 14 new little bumbles to join our hive. 7 girls and 7 boys! We are to get new desks! They should be arriving anytime. I've taught here 31 years and never had new desks. I'm really excited!

I've been busy making lists and organizing materials for the new year. This year we will be implementing the Core Curriculum in Reading and Math. We will be exploring deeper into the skills taught until mastery is met. Our students in Grade One will be receiving letter grades in the subject areas of Reading, Math, Spelling and Language Arts. The first progress report will be sent on September 14th. Conferences are on the calendar for the evenings of October 24th and 25th. Please take note that on Monday, August 22 you are invited to our All School Open House at 7:00 p.m. You may come and meet your child's teachers and visit their classes.

I will send home a packet for parents on our first day of school. Please look over the letters and return any documents that need to be filled out. I'll be looking for parents to help with parties this year! Your child should have received a letter from me inviting them to my Open Class time on Wednesday, August 17 from 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. Hope you can stop in and help your child put their supplies away. This sure makes our first day go smoothly. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. For some, I've taught other children in your family. For others, this is your first child in Grade One! WELCOME TO THE FIRST GRADE HIVE! We're going to have a fantastic year!